Saturday, July 11, 2015

SW and MW blog

Greetings from northern Minnesota. I have been a radio enthusiast for nearly 40 years. When I was real young, a friend of my father's, had an old Zenith cathedral style radio with an amazing dial. When we would visit, he'd tune through the dial to find some background music. Hearing all the foreign languages and the variety of stations hooked me in.

Over the years, I have spent many hours listening to broadcasts of all kinds. I also enjoy tinkering with electronics. I have built a lot of my own radio gear and enjoy restoring old radios.

My current listening station consists of an Icom 746pro, a 102 foot doublet antenna, and a Eton E1XM with the Wellbrook ALA1530 loop antenna. Over the years, I've discovered that the antenna is the most important part of your receiving station. Loops are my favorite antennas, because they are far less susceptible to electrical noises than wire dipoles or end fed antennas.

Over time, I will post my impressions of radio equipment, as well as my reception activity. I hope to provide information on stations I am hearing, and describe their content.

I hope that you find my blog interesting and informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                 LZ1AQ Wideband Active Loop Project I began this project last winter. It is a very good desi...